Installing Crops Online Registration App
There are two steps in the installation process of the Crops Online Registration App
Install the Crops Online Registration App on the Android device.
Connect the Crops Online Registration App to the Crops Online backend. This is necessary for downloading and uploading the data (observation sheets, observations and photo’s) when the device is online.
The steps are explained in detail below.
The Crops Online Registation App is supported on Android version 4.0.3 or higher.
Step 1. Install the Crops Onlie Registation App.
1. The app is called CropsOnlineApp*.apk and can be downloaded by clicking this button on your Android device:
The Crops Online Registration App is not available in de Google Play store. Optionally the Van Ruijven IT can provide you the CropsOnline apk file from another source like a shared Google Drive directory, or mail the apk file to the Android device.
2. Once the apk is downloaded it is stored in the download folder of your Android device. This folder can be reached by this blue download icon.
You can now install this apk file.
3. Make sure the security setting (Settings/Security ) on your Android device:
Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store is switched on (). Otherwise you get the warning: Install blocked. For security your device is set to block installation of apps
4. Accept the following warning.
5. When the installation is started the Crops Online Registation App requests privileges for taking pictures and storing data on your USB. Please accept these privileges.
6. Crops Online Registration App is now added to your apps.
Step 2: Connect the Crops Online Registration App to the Crops Online backend
To connect the Crops Online Registration App to the Crops Online backend an applink is used. An applink is an hyperlink that Android will recognize as link for configuring Crops Online Registration App. This applink is visable in the Welcome screen of Crops Online or send by email.
The Crops Online Registration App can be connected by sending the Applink to the device.
Copy the App link into an email.
(The Applink looks like this http://cropsonline?url=https://www.cropsonline.nl/observationapi..)
E-mail this Applink to the device where the Crops Online Registration App will be used.
Open the Applink with the Gmail App on the device where the Crops Online Registration App is installed and click on the link.
The link should be opened with the Crops Online Registration App, and when the configuration is set successfully, Crops Online is started, and shows : “App configured: Successfully configured for Crops Online”.
Some email editors are known to change the applink, especially by auto formatting it into a blue hyperlink. The App will show “Invalid settings URL” in such case. Please paste and send the applink without formatting into the Chrome browser on the tablet.